Google did several changes in the process of Gmail login account recovery and made it quite simple. In this article, we will discuss how to recover your Gmail login account and keep it absolutely safe and secure.
There are two ways to start the recovery process:
- Log in to your Gmail account and after adding your email id, click on the “Forgot password?”.
- This will take you directly to the start of the recovery process at https://accounts.google.com/signin/recovery
Google will provide you various possible ways to recover your Gmail account or attempt to prove that the account is yours. In case there is no recovery email address, then that option will not appear. If the
Your lost Gmail login account has just 2-step verification enabled, then the procedure will be quite different as mention below.
The recovery choices accessible may incorporate any of the accompanying inquiries or activities, and perhaps others not mentioned below:
Steps to recover your Gmail Login Account:
- Enter the last password you recall
- Get a confirmation code by text or phone call at <number>
- Confirm your mobile number you gave in our security settings
- Google will send an email containing a one-time confirmation code to <email>
- Get quickly on your <phone> and tap Yes to sign in
- Answer the security question you added to your record
- When did you make this Google account?
- If you can, quickly reveal to us why you can’t get to your record
Most of the choices depend on pre-configured data setup in the record before losing access. So if an alternative (like a recovery email address) was never configured then that choice won’t appear. In case that you do have a pre-configured email or mobile number; select that alternative, you will be sent a six-digit code to enter. Entering the right code may take you to a page to reset your password for your Gmail login account. Noting enough of alternate inquiries effectively may likewise take you straightforwardly to that page.
Information Required for Recovery:
It’s likewise conceivable that even with a pre-configured phone number or email, and subsequent to accepting a code, the procedure may ask for extra questions. This can happen when Google has noted suspicious action on the record and needs extra evidence of possession of that account before restoring the record.
On the off chance when you can’t answer the given question, tap the “Try a different question. Obviously, in case that you skip an excessive number of the question, you won’t have the capacity to demonstrate your ownership of the account. On the off chance that you aren’t given the alternative to reset your password, the last question will ordinarily request a contact address where Google can email you. On the off chance that if you fail to prove your ownership of your account then you will get a message that “Google couldn’t verify this account belongs to you”. You can obviously attempt again so that you have an additional information to give, however, if you can’t prove that the account belongs to you then, it is lost. There are no different approaches to recover a lost account.