Looking for a way to merge two Gmail accounts into one? Google offers you a few different options, but not everyone will be able to merge their accounts. Unfortunately, if the Gmail accounts are on two separate Google Accounts, you won’t be able to merge them. We’ll discuss what to do in this case. For now, let’s take a look at the most common ways to merge your Gmail accounts.
Add Multiple Email Addresses
The simplest and easiest way to merge your accounts is to add multiple email addresses to Gmail. This feature was introduced by Google back in 2010 as an easy way for people to manage multiple Gmail email addresses.
Here’s how it works:
- Log into your Gmail account.
- Click on your profile picture on the top right corner of the screen.
- A dropdown should appear. Click on the “Add Account” button.
- Enter your email address, and click next.
- Enter your password, and click “Sign In”.
Now, you should be signed into your other email address. When you click on your profile picture again, the dropdown menu should display both email accounts. Now, you can easily view each account and inbox without having to sign out and sign back in.
Please note that adding multiple email accounts to your Gmail will not allow you to view all of your emails from both addresses in one inbox. You’ll still need to click on each account separately to view each inbox. However, you will not be forced to continually sign in and out of your Gmail account to view each inbox.
If your Gmail accounts are on two separate Google accounts, you won’t be able to use the steps above to merge the two. Your best option would be to forward emails from one account to the other. This will allow you to sign into a single account and have those emails from your second account forwarded to you.
Here’s how it works:
- Sign into your second Gmail email.
- Click the gear and, choose “Settings”.
- Click the “Forwarding” tab.
- Under the Forwarding settings, click the button to add a new forwarding address.
- Enter your other Gmail address, and click “Proceed”.
You should receive a verification email in your other Gmail account’s inbox.
- Sign into your main Gmail account (the one you will be forwarding the emails to).
- Locate the Gmail verification email.
- Click the confirmation link, or
- Copy the confirmation code, and paste it into the Forwarding tab of your secondary Gmail account.
Now your second Gmail account should be forwarding your emails to your primary Gmail account.
As you can see, merging two Gmail accounts isn’t as complicated as it sounds. If both email addresses are under the same Google Account, adding another account to your Gmail inbox is the quickest and easiest way to view each inbox without having to sign in and out of different accounts.
If each email address is under a separate Google Account, you can easily forward your new messages to your primary inbox. You can also forward messages this way even if both email addresses are a part of the same Google Account.
*Featured Image – Wikia