Guide on how to Send Money to Friends and Family Through Gmail
Looking for an easy way to send money to family and friends? Look no further than your Gmail account. With a simple click of a button, you can pay back a friend for taking you out to lunch, or send your half of the rent to your roommate. All this is thanks to Gmail’s integration of Google Wallet.
What is Google Wallet?
Google Wallet is a safe and secure way to send money to family and friends. Now, you can send money right through your Gmail address, even if the recipient doesn’t have a Gmail account.
If your bank account or debit card is linked to Google Wallet, it’s free to send money. And if you’re sending money with a credit card, fees are just 2.9% per transaction.
How Does Google Wallet Work?
Here’s how to send money to friends and family through Gmail:
- First, compose a new email.
- Next, click on the “$” icon at the bottom of the email window.
- Enter the amount you wish to send.
- Press send, and your money will be sent.
If you don’t have Google Wallet, you’ll be prompted to set up an account before you can enter the amount you want to send. Also, you’ll need to be 18 years of age or older to send money through Gmail.
You can request money from friends and family by clicking the “Request” button and entering the amount you’d like to receive.
You can also download the Google Wallet app to send money through your mobile device if you’re away from your desktop.
Receiving Money From Friends and Family
What happens if you receive money from friends and family? How can you retrieve it? Google makes receiving money as quick and easy as sending it.
- Open your Gmail account.
- Open the message with the money attached.
- Click the “Claim Money” button.
- You’ll be asked to sign into your Google Wallet account, or create one and verify your identity.
- Once the identity verification is completed, you’ll be sent back to your message. Click the “Claim Money” button again.
- The money will automatically be added to your Google Wallet balance.
It’s free to receive money, and you can claim your money on your mobile device or desktop computer.
What About Security?
Security and privacy are major concerns when sending money online. But Google Wallet offers 100% protection against unauthorized payments. Google also limits the amount of money you can transfer at one time to reduce fraudulent payments.
If you’re worried about security and would prefer not to allow payments to be sent through Gmail, you can disable the “Send Money” option quickly and easily. Here’s how:
- Click compose to create a new email.
- Click on the “$” icon.
- Click the gear icon, and disable the “Send Money” feature.
Google makes it easy to send money through Gmail in a safe, secure way. If you’ve yet to create a Google Wallet account, get started today. Once you have an account, you can start sending money to family and friends by simply sending them an email.