Office 365 Login gives you access to a fantastic product that allows you to do more while using fewer resources. There was a time when Microsoft was struggling with its products, and competition was slowly starting to catch up. When Office 354 was initially announced, it seemed like a competitor for Google Docs, but when it was released, it offered much more.
By using Office 365 Login to access Microsoft Office is the default productivity suite used all around the world, but the lack of online access and cloud collaboration was hurting the brand. Companies were often forced to use both Google Docs and Microsoft Office.
Office 365’s biggest advantage is how well it works in workplaces. It isn’t just a set of tools to create documents, but a complete collaboration solution for working on all types of projects. Aside from offering all of the regular components of the MS Office suite, it also features expansive communication, planning, storage, and collaboration tools.
Using Office 365 Login will empower your employees to access more than was previously possible, and to work better as a team.
Here’s how you can login to your account to start using its many great tools:
Office 2016 vs. Office 365 – Understanding the Difference!
Office 365 is often characterized as a mere extension of Microsoft Office 2016. Here are some key factors that distinguish Office 365 from Office 2016.
Subscription – Office 2016 is a one-time purchase while Office 365 is a subscription service that requires periodic renewals. You can either choose to pay a lump-sum annual subscription fee or opt for monthly subscription installments.
Products and Applications – With Office 2016, you receive the products and services that are generally included in the pack, such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, etc. An Office 365 subscription offers you the latest version of all Office applications, with regular upgrades and premium features, such as Publisher and Access, also offered.
Number of Installations – Office 2016 offers installation for a single system only. On the other hand,,Office 365 allows up to 5 installations on different systems, including Macs.
Feature Update – Office 2016 only provides you the version of your product or service that you have purchased; it does not upgrade your edition with major upgrades. Office 365 offers all major upgrades and consistent updates for Office 365 products or services you have subscribed to.
Smart Access – Office 2016 offers basic formatting features on your tablets or smart device. On the other hand, Office 365 offers basic as well as premium and extra features on as many as 5 phones and 5 tablets.
Technical Support – For Office 2016, Microsoft offers technical support for the installation process only. Opting for Office 365 grants you 24/7 access to Microsoft’s Help Desk and Technical Support, without having to pay any extra charges.
Accessing Your Office 365 Account
Since Office 365 features a highly business-centric range of applications that are primarily delivered through the cloud, the accessing criteria for your Office 365 account is different than that you use to log into your personal Microsoft account.
Tip: Prior to making your first login attempt for Office 365, confirm from your IT department that Office 365 has been subscribed and activated on your account. If your subscription is live and enabled, proceed to follow the following steps.
Office 365 is a corporate-grade business office suite. Therefore, those who have recently subscribed and hopped on to Office 365 domain are often unaware of the basic knowledge about the Office 365 account login process.
Here’s your step-by-step guide to access and log into your Office 365 account.
- Browse and land on to the online Office 365 account by typing http://office365.com in your browser.
- Click ‘Sign In’ at the top right corner of the home page.
- You will be directed to the ‘Sign In’ page. Enter your username that has an Office 365 subscription and click next. You will now be taken to the custom Office login page for your organization.
- Enter your user ID which you used to subscribe and enabled Office suite. For instance, suppose you have a registration with Office 365 with email@example.com. Enter this business account ID as your username, type in your password and click ‘Sign In’.
- Upon confirmation of your user ID and password, you will be granted access to your Office 365 account and will be redirected to the landing page. The landing page entails an array of office products and applications available on your account and might be different for different organizations.
- Move the cursor over the app launcher icon on the extreme top left corner of your landing page. Click on the icon to check or use the services subscribed on your account.
Support Options In Case of Office 365 Login Failure
Office 365 comes in a variety of plans and with a myriad of service features. Before using Office 365 Login to sign into your account, it is essential that you know the kind of subscription, as in Office for Home, Office for Business and Office 365 Operated by 21Vianet in China. In case your password does not work or your access has been denied, here are your support options to overcome the errors (if there are any) and access your Office 365 account:
For Office for Home
- Your first option is to reset your password and try again.
- If the problem persists, try the following support options and solutions offered by the Microsoft Help Desk.
- Find your Account Page
- Microsoft Product Support
- Solutions to help you recall your Microsoft account:
- Drop your query at Microsoft Support Answer Desk
- Troubleshoot Your Office Installation
For Office for Business
- Reset your password and try again. If the problem persists, contact your IT and Network administrator or your company’s administrator for Office 365 for Business.
- Check the online Diagnostic and Troubleshooting Tools
- Fix and repair your Office installation
- Check Microsoft’s list of solutions and resources to resolve your problem.
- Get in touch with the global community of users of Office 365 for business.
- Contact Microsoft’s support Panel for Office 365 for business.
For Office 365 Operated by 21Vianet in China
Technical assistance for access dysfunctions are directly handled and operated by 21Vianet for Office 365.