There are many email providers out there, but few can compete with Gmail. Powered by one of the most recognized names in the world, Google’s email service offers a multitude of intuitive features that make it easy to manage, organize and compose emails. If ease of use isn’t enough to make you try Gmail, here are five more reasons why Gmail is the best.
5 Reasons Why Gmail Is the Best
1. Call, Video Chat or Send Email
Forget having to use multiple programs to chat with friends and family. Gmail lets you send email, instant message, call and video chat with your contacts. And with Google Hangouts, you can hold virtual meetings with up to nine people right from your email. Share your screen, watch a video together or just chit chat. Gmail makes it easy to communicate the way you want, when you want.
2. Easy to Compose Emails
Gmail has made it easier than ever to compose an email. Simply click the “Compose” button, and a small window will pop up on the bottom right side of your screen. Because it’s a separate window, you can browse through your other emails and take care of other Gmail tasks without losing your composed email.
And Gmail automatically saves drafts of your emails. If you accidentally close out your new email, you can pick up right where you left off without having to retype the message from scratch.
3. Your Inbox – Your Way
Gmail gives you a multitude of organizational tools to customize your inbox your own way.
- Create labels to quickly sort your messages. You can add more than one label to each message, too. And the colors of the labels make it easy to find what you want quickly.
- Want to group similar emails together? Use Filters. Simply set the criteria for your filter, and Gmail will automatically filter and sort your messages.
- Choose a theme for your mail to give your inbox personality.
4. Saves You Time
With Gmail, you have so many ways to make your inbox work for you, so you spend less time sorting through emails one by one and more time getting things done.
- Snippets show you the first line of the email, so you can decide if it’s urgent enough to open and read right away.
- Keyboard shortcuts allow you to complete tasks at lightning speed. There are dozens of keyboard shortcuts in Gmail, so you can start being more productive right away.
- Background send allows you to send emails without disrupting your current task.
No longer do you have to waste your time sorting through emails by hand.
5. Priority Inbox
One of the best features that Gmail has to offer is its Priority Inbox. Every day, you’re bombarded with messages from stores you’ve shopped at and notifications from your social accounts. At the start of the day, the last thing you want to do is sort through meaningless and distracting emails.
Gmail separates your inbox into three tabs: Priority, Social and Promotion. The first tab (Priority) is where all your important messages are sent. The Social tab contains all of your social notifications, while the Promotions tab contains promotion emails from stores and businesses.
If you aren’t using Gmail, now is a great time to start. With easy ways to sort, organize and compose emails, it’s no wonder Gmail is the preferred email system for millions of people all over the world.