Cool Tips and Tricks for Gmail for Android You must know about
Let’s face it – managing email can be a pain. Even with the right device, it can be a chore to keep on top of or sync up multiple accounts. The good news is that Google has made it easy to keep tabs on your email through the Gmail app. Even if you have multiple accounts on numerous platforms, you can still stay organized by using these cool tips and tricks for Gmail for Android.
Gmail Quick Actions
Google makes it easy to quickly perform actions in the Gmail app, which can be especially useful if you’re working through a major email backlog.
- Swipe right or left to archive a message.
- Tap a profile picture or a letter to select multiple messages at one time. This will turn the profile picture into a checkmark. Numerous actions will be listed at the top of the screen, including: delete, archive, and mark as read or unread.
- Tap the three vertical dots to access the More menu and make label changes.
- Reply and Reply to All functionalities are conveniently located on the right side of the conversation.
Take advantage of these quick actions to make your life easier and sorting through emails a breeze.
Gmail recently added a unified inbox to its Gmail app, which makes it easy to merge all of your email accounts into one simple inbox.
To add multiple accounts to the app:
- Tap the drop-down menu just below your avatar.
- Enter your login details and follow the prompts.
- New inbox entries will now appear on the left side of the panel.
You can also switch between email accounts through the drop-down menu just above All Inboxes.
Improve Your Search
Finding certain emails isn’t always an easy task in Gmail – or any other email platform for that matter. But Gmail’s advanced search tackles this problem by allowing you to find exactly what you’re looking for in your inbox.
Searching for “from:joe,” for example, will show you all the messages you received from Joe. You can also search for messages sent before or after certain dates using the “before:”, “after:”, “older:”, and “newer:” prompts. Google offers a full list of search operators, so you can start searching smarter.
Let Gmail Sort Your Mail for You
If you receive a lot of emails each day, it can be time-consuming to sort through all of them. Let Google do the work for you by training it to sort your emails properly.
As of right now, Gmail offers quite a few different inboxes: Primary, Social, Promotions, Spam, and custom inboxes. To train Google to sort your mail properly, you’ll need to mark messages.
Let’s say you found an unimportant email in your Primary (or Priority) inbox. Simply tap on Settings and choose “Mark as not important”. You can do the same thing when moving certain emails to different folders. Gmail will start learning which emails go where and automatically place them in the appropriate spot in the future.
These few tips and tricks can help you get the most out of Gmail on Android. Have some tips of your own? Share them in the comments!
*Featured Image – Credit Arteclip | Dreamstime.com