What is Google Chrome?
Today, Chrome has become one of the most used and popular web browsers and needs no introduction. However, this being your comprehensive guide to Login to Chrome, here we will cover everything about it including what it is.
Google Chrome is an open source internet browser introduced by Google. On 2 September 2008, Google released the beta version of Google in 43 languages for Microsoft Windows.
Today, it is popular as the free, cross-platform web browser which aims to make your web browsing experience simple and smooth.
Why you should use login to Chrome?
There are various reasons why you should use chrome for web browsing and here we are listing a few of them.
- Speed: Chrome’s development focused on web applications, as a result performance of websites like Facebook and Gmail is very fast and reliable.
- Security: Chrome has many tools that aim to keep you safe online. Moreover, constant updates are made, in order to keep your protected from the latest phishing and malware scams. For e.g. you get a warning message whenever you try to visit a page that is potentially dangerous.
- Customization: Chrome is an easy to use web browser, and by customizing it with themes, web apps and extensions from Chrome Web Store you can make your browsing experience better.
- Translation: Whenever you visit a website that is in foreign language, Chrome will ask you to translate the page to your native language through a pop-up. This allows you to access more websites more easily.
How to Install Chrome?
Unlike Safari or Internet Explorer, Chrome doesn’t come pre-installed with your OS. So, in order to use Chrome, you must first download and install it on your computer. The process takes no more than a few minutes.
When you visit the home page of the Google on a PC without the browser installed, you will get a prompt on the page asking if you would like to install Chrome. Click ‘Yes’ and follow step-by-step guide to download Chrome.
But, if you have banished this already, then follow the below given steps:
- Visit google.com/chrome from your current internet browser.
- The Google Chrome download page will appear. Click on Download now.
- A dialog box for Google Chrome Terms of Service will appear. Read the terms of service and click Accept and Install.
- The Google Chrome Installer will open automatically. The download and installation process may differ depending on the operating system and the web browser you are using. Just keep following the instruction and you will have Chrome installed in your PC in no time.
- On completion, installer will close and Google chrome will open.
How to Access Chrome?
In Windows PCs, Chrome will automatically create a shortcut on your desktop. Whenever you wish to use Chrome, just double-click on the icon of the Chrome. You can also pin it in the taskbar or access it from Start menu.
In case of Mac you can access Chrome from Launchpad. Or drag Chrome to the Dock for quick access.
You can also set Chrome as your default browser. This will open the Chrome browser automatically whenever you turn on your PC.
User Manual for Chrome
Like many other web browsers Chrome also has tabs and bookmarks. You can type in search or enter URLs. There is option to see browser history and downloaded files. Let’s know about Chrome a little more and little better.
- The Omibar
This is the place where you generally begin using Chrome. Unlike other browsers, in Chrome there is one single giant bar for search as well as URLs. This bar automatically detects what you are trying to do by the entered text. URLs will be opened and the text that doesn’t look like an address is passed to your default search engines.
Tabs behave like any other web browser. The tabs are not static and you can move them around according to your convenience to make browsing smoother.
- The Bookmarks Bar and Manager
Just like other web browsers, bookmarks work in a similar manner. You can find all the bookmarked pages under Bookmarks section. The Bookmark Manager opens as a new tab and provides you an overview of all the saved bookmarks.
- The Wrench Icon
By clicking on the Wrench Icon you can access Downloads, History, Preferences and Extensions.
- Incognito Mode
If you don’t want your browser to record your browsing history, browse in incognito mode, by clicking on New Incognito Window.
How to Sign-in to Chrome?
This is one of most powerful features of Chrome. By signing in you can access your history, saved passwords, bookmarks and settings from any PC/laptop/mobile devices. You need a Google account to sign in to Chrome.
- In the top right corner of the window you will see a Profile icon, click on it. If already signed in you will see your name, instead of icon.
- Click Sign in to Chrome, in the appeared menu
- Fill the sign in form (fill asked details) and click Next
- Type your password, click Next
- You are now signed in to Chrome.
How to add other users?
If your PC or laptop is used by multiple users and you wish to allow everyone to access their personal information and settings follow the below given steps.
- Click on the three parallel lines in the top-right corner of the Chrome, scroll down and select Settings.
- The Settings tab will open
- In this section find Add Person
- Add Person window will be opened. Enter the name of the person, choose a picture and click Add.
- A new window will open for that user and the profile icon will show user’s name.
- You can also switch users. For that click on the profile icon and then select Switch person.
- Select the user from the appeared menu.
How to use Chrome in mobile devices?
You can also use Chrome in your mobile devices. The browser supports all operating systems. Download Chrome App from Play Store in case of Android. You can use Chrome app to browse internet, make searches, open multiple tabs and more. You can also sign in to Chrome on your mobile device, in order to sync history, passwords, bookmarks etc.
We hope this article will help you improve your Chrome using experience.