Many Gmail users have more than one Gmail account for various reasons. The most common reason is that we want to keep our office life separate from our private life. However, it becomes a miserable job switching back and forth between multiple accounts; a time-consuming process that has less value but drains a lot of energy off the users. In this post, we will explore multiple ways to avoid this hectic routine. We will tell you 4 different ways to login to two Gmail accounts at once.
Login To Two Gmail Accounts At Once
We will start with the easy ones, and then move to the ones which have some technicality involved. Rest assured that all of these ways are proven to be working just fine. So you can choose one of the 4 ways that seems workable for you.
Run Multiple Browsers on Your PC
In order to login to two Gmail accounts at once, you can open multiple browsers and enter the credentials of each account. This is one of the easiest ways to run two or more accounts simultaneously; you don’t need any advanced settings done; you just need to have multiple internet browsers installed on your computer or mobile.
Set Multiple Users on Google Chrome Browser
If you use Google Chrome browser, there is good news for you. Google Chrome allows the users to set up multiple accounts for the users having different login IDs. These accounts link to different Google accounts. Here is how to set up multiple-user feature in Google Chrome:
- Go to Settings and select the Options
- Select Personal Stuff, you will see a header named Users; under the Users header, select Add new user.
- A new window will open with Google login page. Put in the credentials of your second account.
As soon as you are done with these steps, you will see that two icons appear on the top left of the Chrome window. Each icon is assigned to the different user account. These icons differentiate the two accounts and you can easily navigate between the two. You just have to click on one of the icons and you will see the option to Edit the icon. When you select the Edit, you will see the options to move to another account. Moreover, you can also customize the icons and change their names and account information. To customize a user account, you will have to click on the respective account and select Edit.
Gmail Multiple Sign-in Feature
Gmail has a built-in feature named Multiple Sign-in features that allow the users to sign in with different user accounts within a single internet browser. To get this feature on your browser, follow the steps given below.
- Go to Settings and select the Security
- Click on the Edit and then on Multiple Sign-in
- Select the On option and check all given boxes that confirm whether you understand the process of multiple sign-in or not.
- Click on the Save
You will have to repeat this process on all the accounts that you want to use in the single browser. Once you have completed turning on the multiple sign-in features, you can login to two Gmail accounts at once by following the below points.
- You will find a little arrowhead right next to your Gmail profile picture. Click on that arrow and select Switch account.
- Select Sign into another account.
- This will lead you to a new login tab where you can put in your sign-in credentials.
- If you want to switch to the previous account, you can do it by clicking on the Switch account option.
Add Multiple Accounts To a Single Gmail Account
All the three ways to login to two Gmail accounts at once are just some short-term shortcuts. If we have a closer look, we will know that we have to do an almost similar amount of clicks as we do in signing out and then signing in again. But here in this section, we will discuss a way that brings all your accounts to a single, main Gmail account. Here is how to do it:
- Sign in to your main Gmail account and click on Settings Tab
- Click on the Accounts Tab
- You will see an option to Check Mail using POP3
- Click on Add a POP3 account you own option
- Proceed to the setup process and follow the respective steps
- Choose the respective email IDs as aliases
- To add aliases manually, you can select Send email as, and then Add another email address you own.
Multiple Gmail accounts are a necessity as users try to separate their private lives from the official work. No one wants to receive an important business email than lose it between hundreds of birthday wishes from the relatives. Also, no one wants either that a series of family emails come just when you are busy communicating with clients over email.
Keeping multiple accounts is important, however, switching between the two manually is not an ideal thing to do because it wastes a lot of time and energy. In the above sections, we discussed 4 different ways to login to two Gmail accounts at once.
The first two ways were pretty easy and required minimal setup while the two others required some changes to your Gmail settings.
It’s on you; you can use whichever option fits your preferences. All options are safe and secure and help you avoid signing in and signing out multiple times in a day.
If you find any difficulty in executing any of the steps given in the above sections, please feel free to mention that in the comments. We will be more than glad to help you get your Gmail account right. You can also find help from the official Google support pages regarding any issue with your Gmail account. Here are links to some important Gmail and Google support pages.