What makes Gmail the best choice for its 1.2 billion daily users? Its user-friendly features and constant upgrades to remain at the top. This year, we have seen many changes to the Gmail and when you log into your Gmail, you will feel like you have a brand new Gmail account.
In this post, we will talk about what makes Gmail the best email service, and what features can you find in your new Gmail account.
Create a new Gmail account
If you don’t a Gmail account, you are missing something special. Gmail is the most popular email service that almost 1.5 billion people use every day. The email service is popular among business people as well as domestic users.
Creating a Gmail account is very easy. We will walk you through every step of creating a new Gmail account.
New Gmail Account Sign up
- Open your favorite Internet browser and type www.gmail.com in the address bar.
- You will see different clickable options; click on the ‘Create an Account’.
- Follow every instruction as they appear on the screen. You will need to enter your personal details such as name, date of birth, gender, location, preferable username, etc. Once you complete all the steps, your account will be created.
Choose a Strong Password
- Remember to select a strong password that includes alphabets, preferably both upper and lower case, numbers, and symbols.
The next step is to set up your email recovery details. These details are very helpful if you lose access to your account. These details include your phone number and a secondary email address. You can skip this step by clicking on the’ Done’ button but it is recommended that you complete these details before going forward. You never know when you lose access to your account and in such as case, your recovery details will help you get your account back.
- As you click on the ‘Done’ button, a new screen will appear with the Welcome message from Gmail. The page will display your email ID and also give you information on what can you do with your new Gmail account.
New Gmail Account Sign in
- After completing the Gmail Signup steps, log into your account by entering your login ID and password. To log into your account, go to www.gmail.com and enter your username and password in the allocated fields.
Gmail Sign Out
- If you are currently logged in and want to log out of your Gmail account, go to the top right of the page and click on a round circle that shows your image (if you have added one) or your name’s initials. Clicking it will open a drop-down menu. Select Sign out.
Customizing your New Gmail Account
After creating your new Gmail account, you may want to make adjustments to your account according to your preferences. For example, you may want to add a signature that attaches at the last of every email you send; you may want to change the appearance of your Gmail account page, and so on. To do all this, you need to go to Gmail account settings.
New Gmail Account Settings
- Go to the top right of your account page and click on the Gear icon.
- From the drop-down list, select Settings.
- A pop-up window will appear with different setting options, select and change your account settings according to your needs and preferences.
How to Add Contacts in Gmail
To add contacts to your Gmail account:
- Go to the top-left and click on the small arrowhead pointing downwards.
- A small drop-down list will appear, click on Contacts.
- A screen will appear, click on Add new contact
- Enter the person’s name and email address and click on create to add the contact in your contacts list.
- You can add additional details about the contact such as his/her birthday, and additional notes, etc.
- All the additions/changes you make here will be automatically saved and you can move to any other section of your account.
- Gmail adds all the emails that you send an email to; so they are already in your contacts. You can go to your contacts and add details to the email addresses such as sender’s name and other details.
Change contact details in Gmail
- Go to contacts by clicking on the top-left arrowhead right next to where Gmail is written.
- Click on the contact that you want to change/edit.
- Edit anything that you want and click on Save
Features of New Gmail Account
Recently, Gmail has seen new updates and we see some big changes. The new updates make Gmail more user-friendly and safer for its users. Here are some of the new Gmail account updates.
- There is a Google Apps sidebar added to the right side of the main Gmail page. This sidebar contains different Google apps as well as some third-party apps.
- The collapsible sidebar is a great addition and allows the users to perform important tasks without going out of the Gmail.
- A new Gmail offline mode is added which allows users to work on Gmail’s, and queue them until an internet connection is available. This helps users to save their valuable time even if there is no internet connection. You can check your schedule and queue up the pending emails in Gmail offline mode.
- Another new Gmail account update is that now you can view as well as download the attachments. The view-able attachments can be of any type such as .docs,.PDF, PNG and so on.