If you are unhappy with your current email provider and are looking to switch to a better email service, you may want to choose Gmail. Gmail is a free email messaging program developed by Google to provide people with features such as emailing, video chat, file sharing, and instant messaging. In terms of mail storage space, Gmail is about the best email service today because it allows you to store up to 25 GB of storage. It also integrates well with other mail clients such as Outlook and Thunderbird.
Signing up for your very own Gmail account is very easy to do. Follow these steps carefully and you will be using Gmail in no time at all.
- Open your internet browser and go to google.com. Click on “Gmail” which is found at the top of the page. This will take you to the main page of Gmail.
- Next, proceed to press the “Create an Account” button located on the top right of the page.
- The next step is to register your name, username, password, birthday, and other necessary information. This information must all be registered to complete the step. When writing your name, it is important to keep in mind that you must write your name without any spacing. If you must do so, use the underscore button to separate your name accordingly. An example would be “firstname.lastname@example.org”.
- The next registration box that you must fill out is the password box. You need to enter a password that is at least 7 characters long and ends with a number of your choice. As you have written down your password, you must need to re-write your password again for confirmation purposes.
- The final step of completing your sign up to Gmail is to add a profile photo. This is optional and you can skip it if you are not into profile photos. It is, however, recommended so that friends, family, and even business colleagues can easily locate you. Now, you can start using Gmail as your primary email account.